Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tulips & Windmills

Another bucket list item: see the tulip fields in Amsterdam.

There is the most incredible picture of my mother sitting in the middle of a tulip field in Holland in the early 70s. She looks so classic, so beautiful. If it came down to inheriting only a small number of my parent's possessions, that picture would be my #1 pick.

Not only are tulips my favorite flower (take note, boys), I have always wanted to go to Amsterdam for a good time. To coincide with my new life plan of visiting a new place every year, this would be a great place to visit in April 2011, when the tulip fields in Amsterdam are at their finest.


Viking River Cruises is currently offering a 10 day Tulips & Windmills excursion from Amsterdam to Antwerp to Belgium, then back to Amsterdam at half price rates until July 31st of this year. Granted the prices listed do not include the plane ride, but that can always be arranged later. The downside is that in order to get the half price discount, you also must PAY by July 31st.

Tulips, Amsterdam festivities, Belgian chocolate, wooden shoes, the Van Gough museum, Anne Frank's hideaway... the possibilities are endless.

Bottom line: I'm looking for a partner in crime. Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment